Pageviews

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Community Nursing Clinicals

Hello all!!

So this past summer I did a clinical rotation in community nursing. I made a video about this then decided to not upload it because I really did not provide any actual information to you and would rather write this in a blog post. So basically let me just say it. I did NOT like my community rotation. It was really boring. I was placed in a long term care facility. Basically with a group of 3 other students we had to "Assess" our community and based on this assessment address a concern or do something that our community needed. We ended up setting up a meditation program. I felt more like an event planner than I did a nursing student. It wasn't anything like what you think nursing would be like. It was more population and community centered. Don't get me wrong, this kind of nursing is important but personally it's not my thing and I can't ever see myself doing it. That's really all I have to say about it...if you have questions shoot and I shall answer! Sorry for the crappy overview of community nursing. It just sucked for me and I was so happy when I was done LOL.  Ack.

No comments:

Post a Comment