Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bookssss

Hey Guys!
So today my little sister dragged me into my local Chapters so she could buy study guide for one of her classes. I became extremely bored and wandered off into the Medicine section of the bookstore and found TWO BOOKS that interested me so much that I just had to buy them. Now, normally I don't buy books because I feel like I can just go to the library and check them out for free and since I'm a student and never really have any money...........the library is my best friend. But these two books were so awesome that I just HAD to own them. I haven't read them yet but will most def post reviews on them once I am done but these are the books:
This book is called "The Night Shift" by Dr. Brian Goldman. It's about his experiences and about real life in the E.R. (Emergency Room)



I also picked up this book "Chicken Soup for the Nurse's Soul". I love reading/hearing about other nurse's experience in their respective fields and since I'm so sappy I thought this book would make for great inspirational stories as well as a good cry!
I am really really excited to read these books. I read one of the mini stories in the Chicken Soup book and found myself on the verge of tears in Chapters....how embarrassing lol. I bought that book specifically so that I could reminded about why I chose to be a nurse in the first place because these stories are filled with all the right reasons. I chose to buy "The Night Shift" because I am extremely interested in emergency medicine and want to specialize in that field. I want to know as much as possible about this department because I will never get to be in emerg as part of any of my rotations so it's a little interest of mine! Okay well I'm going to get reading and I'll post my thoughts on the stories as I get through them! Don't forget to check out my youtube channel and make sure to follow my blog :) See you guys laterrrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

  1. I recommend the book "Weekends at Bellevue" by Julie Holland. Its about a Dr. who works the weekend (I believe night shifts) in the Psychiatric ER. I think you'd like it :) I am starting a two year nursing program in the fall and loved reading all the adventures in this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your recommendation! I'll def check that book out :)

      Delete