Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ESN....Whattttt??? Wait...I'm not ready.

Uh yes, that is correct. You don't know what ESN stands for? Here, let me inform you! ESN= Employed Student Nurse. HUGE emphasis on EMPLOYED. Yes, people I HAVE A JOB RELATED TO MY ACTUAL CAREER!!!!!! Time to stop and do your damn happy dance. Cause I just did. I got hired to an ortho floor at a hospital that I worked in previously and I'm SO EXCITED. I won't start until June/July but who cares. Time to make that wonderful switch from the world of crappy retail jobs to a fulfulling nursing career. This also means the end is almost near. :| I won't lie to you guys, I'm extremely terrified of becoming a RN and being responsible for patients all on my own. The very thought makes me want to hyperventilate a little bit. This past semester was also the last semester where we had a clinical instructor always present on site, from now on we are flying solo with only the nurse preceptor there to guide us...yikes!!! There was a professor I had last semester who continued to remind us throughout the semester that we are now moving from "student" to "pre-RN".......it annoyed the crap out of me and simultaneously terrified me as she constantly repeated this to me every Thursday. Anyone else having similar issues? Ugh, Also, along with the new job comes a nice pay raise and less hours being worked due to more money so I will find myself with more free time (to obviously do homework in), no but seriously..it's making me incredibly anxious at the thought of having free time. Free Time? This concept is way too new to me...what is it? I feel as though this blog entry is turning into a bit of nothingness.  Time to sign off and go to bed. Good night fellow nurses!

P.S.
This website is awesome. Especially if you're a nursing student.
http://whatshouldwecallnursingschool.tumblr.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment