Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Scheduling, scheduling and more scheduling.

So it's Thursday, in one more day I will officially be done my first week of semester 6.  (Just in case anyone is wondering I have 3 semesters left until graduation:) ) All I have heard is that semester 6 is the semester from HELL and will make me want to stab myself in the eye. It's true. Today my clinical instructor even told me that this is the HARDEST semester in the program. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. FML. GNJKGAK;GHOWBIJgijwi[bi[

Seriously. It's week 1 and let me tell you what I'll be doing this weekend aside from working 16 hours.

1. Contact clinical placement area to set up a meeting time to work on community project
2. Prep for all 3 classes (2-3 hours)
3. Make 4 resumes to be handed in to placement facilitator to be used to place me in my 3/4 and final preceptorship.
4. Health presentation about social determinants of health
5. Begin thinking about my research proposal

I think another FML is in order.

This semester scheduling shall be crucial as well maintaining my mental status so I don't lose my MIND.  You guys should follow me on twitter if you're fond of hearing me whine and complain hehehe ( @mandeepg88) But seriously, this semester is going to test me I can already feel my stress level getting high. My goal is to take this one week at a time and attempt to get through and book a vacation for August so I have something to look forward to. That always helps...*SIGH*

Clinical placements this semester were not in a hospital or acute care instead we are placed at various locations in the community. I am placed at a rehab facility and have to schedule a meeting with my contact to figure out what project I'll be working on this semester...what project you ask? Good question. I have no idea. Not much direction is given other than go and show up and it will come to you. Great. I looooovvvvveeeeee doing things with no direction...note my heavy sarcasm. Ugh. This paired with my insane working out schedule and commitment to eating healthy is enough to make anyone crazy.

Fortunately, I'm not just anyone...I'm nursemanda!!! :D Until next time nursies...
 Toodles. xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Well this is very interesting indeed. Would love to read a little more of this. Great post. Thanks for the heads-up
    Click Here For:Learn More Nutrition Facts

    ReplyDelete