Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pediatricssss

VIDEEEOOO TIMMMMEEE.
I did a Pediatric Clinical Tips video for you guys! Hopefully you are doing your peds rotation now or soon so my tips can be of use to you! I won't list out the tips here but they are listed out in the video :)
So my overall decision on pediatrics? Drumroll please.....

It's alright. I wouldn't want to work here right now but I could deal with it. Playing with all the kids was so awesome and they are so cute!! But also emotionally it was a little taxing seeing children stuck in a hospital and being very sick. Being an emotional person I had my own issues trying to keep my emotions in check. Also the issue of abused children came up throughout the semester and I quickly realized that this was one of my trigger points and that in no way would I ever be able to look at a parent who had in any way harmed their child without wanting to throw them out the window. I would lose my MIND.  It was a very eventful and eye opening rotation and I am so excited for those of you who are going to be going through it. I didn't really have any bad experiences but if you do have any questions just message below, on the video or shoot me an e-mail!! :) Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment